Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Waiting for God's Will

One thing I really feel the Lord trying to show me is waiting for His will for my life. Before, I have caught myself saying “I’m going to do this,” and “I am going to have this.” Then I realized that I was depending on my own self’s efforts and will instead of the Most High God’s. So instead of saying something that is depending on our will, we should say, “Lord willing.” You see, we can plan to do something or what we would like to have or do someday, but if it is not God’s will for us, it is not going to turn out right. The Lord’s will is so high and above our own expectations. Even when we can’t see God’s will at the time, wait… wait on God. Sometimes, we just rush ahead of God and fulfill our desires in our own ways which ultimately leads to trouble. When you wait for God’s perfect plan, timing, and will for your life, you will truly be more satisfied and blessed and we will be overjoyed that we waited for Christ’s perfect will. God’s will result in: true happiness and satisfaction and no regrets. What are things that we can wait for God’s best about? What about future spouses? (This is a big one for me. Sometimes, we think, “when will he come?” And this is when we take matters into our own hands. This process does NOT lead to ultimate happiness, but instead a life full of regrets and mistakes. Sometimes, we think our way is the best, but it’s not. It’s simply because we can’t see what God has in store for us yet, but we will. What should we be doing while we are waiting for God’s will? Serving and keeping our minds on Christ until the time comes. Like everything else in life, we need to trust God and give our lives to Him and wait for His perfect will and we will NOT regret it! Jeremiah 29:11 says, “’I know the plans I have for you;’ says the Lord, ‘Plans to prosper you and to give you a good future.’” Wait on God, and just watch Him richly bless you!

1 comment: