Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Encouraging Scriptures

During my daily quiet times over this month, I have came across some wonderful and encouraging verses just in reading Psalms and Proverbs! So I thought I would share just some of them with you.

Psalm 63:3-4
Because thy loving-kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.

Proverbs 3:27
Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.

Psalm 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Psalm 34: 1-2
I will bless the Lord at ALL times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is night unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psalm 94:19
In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

Proverbs 4:5
Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not: neither decline from the words of my mouth.

Proverbs 4:14-15
Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn it, and pass away.

Psalm 95:7-8
For HE is our God; and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand. Today, if ye will hear HIS voice, harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness.

Psalm 37:3-4 and 5
Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.

Psalm 37:7,8,9
Rest in the Lord; and wait patiently for Him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

Proverbs 8:6
Hear, for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.

Psalm 40:8
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Psalm 40:16
Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, the Lord be magnified.

Psalm 101:3-4
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.

Proverbs 12:1
Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish.

Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Psalm 73:25-26
Whom have I in heaven but thee? And there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.

Proverbs 13:20
He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

Psalm 133: 1
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethen to dwell together in unity!


I hoped you were blessed my reading these passages. Keep in mind, that I will be posting more!

No comments:

Post a Comment